CARPRO Descale Acid Wash 500ml (17oz)
Descale neglected paint! Revive your coating! Remove hard minerals and water spots, all while you wash!
Descale from CARPRO is an all new acidic car shampoo released for SEMA 2021. CARPRO Descale was designed from the ground up for reviving ceramic coatings that have had minerals build up on them.
Over time, minerals (sometimes seen as water spots) and sometimes not easily visible will "clog" or cause the surface to be less smooth. This in turn creates heavier surface tension which in turn does not allow water and dirt to shed as easily from the surface. Most communities suffer from this situation (often known as "hard water"). CARPRO Descale car shampoo was created to help remove and strip these stubborn minerals from coated or even non coated cars. It breaks down the built-up minerals that reduce gloss and restores the smoothness of ceramic coatings, while bringing back its hydrophobic nature impaired by mineral stains!
While fantastic for freeing ceramic coatings and strong nano sealants (like CARPRO Hydro2 or CARPRO Hydrofoam) of baked on mineral deposits, Descale is not the correct shampoo for a regular wash of a waxed or sealed car as it may remove the wax or sealant. At Sky's the Limit Car Care we recommend this product for coated cars subjected to an abundance of mineral deposits, for quarterly maintenance washes, and for neglected vehicles with mineral stains as an initial prep step before decontamination and detailing steps.
Like many CARPRO products, Descale can be used "full circle" at the start of the detailing process or as maintenance for your CQUARTZ coated vehicle. It can remove waxes and "old school" sealants, prepare paint for polishing, or as it was designed to remove traffic film and minerals on coated and non-coated vehicles. Buy yours today!
When to Use:
- CQUARTZ coated vehicles that are subjected to hard water.
- Ceramic coated vehicles that have lost hydrophobics or gloss.
- Neglected vehicles.
- A first step to a full detail.
When NOT to use:
- If your car has a carnauba wax or polymer sealant and you do not want to re-wax or re-seal the vehicle.
- As a regular weekly wash. For regular washes use CARPRO Reset instead!
Features & Specifications:
- Removes minerals from coated and uncoated surfaces.
- Safe for coated and non-coated cars.
- Versatile cleaner capable of removing waxes, sealants, and tough dirt.
- Ceramic coating rejuvenation abilities.
- pH 6
- Dilute 1:100 for bucket washing or 1:10 for foam sprayer/spray bottle.
- For light contamination: use Descale as a snow foam and allow for maximum dwell time (without letting it dry) before rinsing. Follow up with a hand wash.
- For heavier contamination: wash panel by panel starting with horizontal panels. Wash the panel and allow Descale to dwell for as long as possible without letting it dry.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Thoroughly rinse with water.
- Test on an inconspicuous area before use.
- Do not allow to dry on the surface.
- Recommended eye and skin protection.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.
- Q: Where does Descale fit in a maintenance lineup? Especially for those using Lift?
- A: Descale is the best option if water spots are the culprit. Lift is the better option if a snow foaming pre-wash is an integral part of a wash process.
- Q: Will this bring back the hydrophobic effects of my ceramic coating?
- A: That depends on the cause of the missing hydrophobics. If it is due to mineral buildup on the coating then yes, this will solve the beading!
- Q: Will this product strip wax, sealants, and coatings off?
- A: It will not strip off coatings! However, it will alter or even remove most waxes. As for sealants, it will alter weaker sealants but will not damage nano sealants such as Hydro2 Foam/Hydro2.
- Q: How sensitive is this product on windshields/windows? Is it safe?
- A: Absolutely! Just make sure the surfaces are cool, rinse thoroughly, and follow the application directions on our site!
- Q: Is this product best for weekly wash/maintenance?
- A: No, Reset is best for weekly washes unless you live maybe in Hawaii or somewhere like that. In most cases Reset would be used weekly and this would be used “as needed”.