KXK Dynamics XP Pad Punch Kit 2.0
Punch your own pads in just minutes!
The V2.0 KxK Dynamics Punch set features shorter punches with a brilliantly designed and extremely versatile punch handle! The Stryker handle from KxK Dynamics is the "lynchpin" within their beautifully designed version 2 Pad Punch set! When re-designing the punch set, the brilliant team over at KxK Dynamics had 3 things in mind. The Stryker handle allowed them to save material (providing increased savings to you) by shortening the punch portion of the unit and transferring the function of the handle into a single versatile piece which can be used on all 3 punches. You simply complete a few flicks of the wrist and bingo the handle spins into place!
Tired of spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars on polishing pads? Our friends at KXK Dynamics certainly were... so they decided to do something about it! Now YOU can punch out your very own 1 3/8", 2", and 2 3/4" pads in minutes from the comfort of your own shop! The XP Pad punch series of products furthers the #1 goal of KXK Dynamics to place the power squarely in YOUR hands to increase the efficiency and profitability of your business!
The XP-1 is capable of easily punching (15) 1" pads out in only a couple minutes. In other words... for every pad you turn into "swiss cheese" to create your 15 new pads you save $50! The XP-2 punches out (7) 2" pads for an impressive 25$ savings per while the XP-3 can easily create (3) pads while still leaving room for (3) 1" pads from its little brother!
When KXK approached me with their early prototype and the question of: "Would you be interested in introducing this product to the industry?" My first reaction was, "WOW, Cool!" Followed immediately by a moment of conflict within... Would I lose sales on the smaller pads we currently offer? Maybe... BUT It felt so right... so I followed that gut reaction with the most important questions I always ask myself when considering a new product. Is this an original product? Yes! A quality product? Yes! Will this product make many of my customers happy? Oh yes! Is there a product currently available in our industry that accomplishes what this does? No! The list goes on but you get the point... And here we are today!
The 1 3/8" and 2" pads produced by the XP-1 and XP-2 are perfectly sized for your ibrid nano, LD-30, TA-50, and a variety of other machines on the market! Meanwhile the 2 3/4" pads produced by the XP-3 will fit any 2 1/2" to 2 3/4" backing plate. The founders of KXK Dynamics use RUPES line of incredible machines day in and day out.... so for your "RUPES Mini" backing plate they came up with an ingenious solution... Punch it! (See Tip 3 at bottom)
But... why not make the XP-3 cut a true 3" pad in the first place? This decision was based almost entirely on one simple but CRUCIAL variable... A 3" diameter punch would yield only (2) 3" pads from a 6" Megs pad. By creating a slightly smaller punch size for the XP-3 you are able to increase your yield of 3" pads by 33% and lower product costs even further!
To wrap up the contents of the KXK Punch Kit, lets touch on the striking surface. After multiple attempts with a variety of plastics, a high density polyethylene plastic was chosen. The guys over at KXK affectionately named it the "Punch Board" (and sometimes pounding board depending on the mood) :) The Punch Board provides just the right level of absorption to avoid damaging the blade whilst also providing enough density to avoid an overabundance of rebound which would limit the cut!
For those of you that do not use 1", 2", or 3" pads very often this kit is not a necessity... However for those who utilize 1", 2", and 3" pads, the KXK Punch Kit is a no brainer!
All NEW for October 2019! Save even more with the all new KxK Dynamics Microfiber Polishing Sheets!
The choice... is simple mathematics. See for yourself and buy yours today!
Get yours today!
- Made in: USA
- High Strength Steel
- Durable anti-corrosive finish
- Aircraft grade tolerances
- Punch out your own pads in minutes!
- Saves hundreds or even thousands of dollars!
- Lowers costs of small pads by over 400%
- Corrosion resistant finish
- Lifetime Tool can be sharpened over and over again as the years go by!
- (1) XP-5 V2 Stryker Handle
- (1) XP-1 V2 Pad Punch w/ blade cap
- (1) XP-2 V2 Pad Punch w/ blade cap
- (1) XP-3 V2 Pad Punch w/ blade cap
- (1) Punch Board
- 4lb. Dead Blow Hammer Not Included (more info at bottom of page)
- Material: High Strength Carbon Steel
- Finish: Anti-corrosive
- Stryker Height: 4 1/2"
- Stryker Diameter: 1 3/4"
- Stryker Weight: 1.05 lbs
- XP-1 Height: 2 1/2"
- XP-1 Outer Diameter: 1 5/8"
- XP-1 Weight: 0.70 lbs
- Produces: 1 3/8" Dia. Pads
- XP-2 Height: 2 1/2"
- XP-2 Outer Diameter: 2 3/8"
- XP-2 Weight: 1.20 lbs
- Produces: 2" Dia. Pads
- XP-3 Height: 2 1/2"
- XP-3 Outer Diameter: 3 1/8"
- XP-3 Weight: 1.55 lbs
- Produces: 2 3/4" Dia. Pads
- Punch Board: High Density Polyethylene Plastic
- Length: 10"
- Width: 8"
- Read ALL directions, precautions, and warnings before use.
- Secure KXK Punch Board directly on solid flat concrete slab and hand tighten Stryker securely to any KxK V2 Punch
- Place pad on KXK Punch Board. (Microfiber pads should be faced "Microfiber side up". Some pad types are easier to punch when facing down.
- Place punch with blade face down flat and in contact with pad
- Compress pad by holding punch down firmly
- Verify all hands and bodily parts are OUTSIDE of strike zone. Caution: Do NOT strike knuckles fingers, or any bodily part.
- Center your strike directly over the top of Stryker face in a downward motion with 4lb+ dead blow hammer.
- Precaution: Blow ALL pads out after punching to ensure zero debris or metal shavings of any kind
- Head of hammer should hit the Stryker with strike point of hammer flat at time of contact in order to evenly distribute the punch with minimal blows needed.
- When using large punch "XP-3" or in the case that you do not strike through the pad with your first blow: Twist 90 degrees while pressing down, repeat step 7, and repeat this tip as needed.
- For many 3" Backing Plates the XP-3 punch can be used to "trim" a slight ring off the edge of the plate to match the pads you will punch. The XP-3 punch size was controlled by one single variable. The pad is faced "velcro side" DOWN and the punch centered directly over it. Then it is punched in the same manner as a pad. Read the description at top for more info. Note: Some backing plates may not be recommended based on their construction.'
- For large scale high volume shops - if you would like to drive through the XP-3 Punch in a single hit then consider a heavier hammer such as this - (See all precautions throughout)
- Professional Use Only
- Keep out of reach and away from children
- Do not use while under the influence
- Do not use while drowsy
- Do Not touch blade
- Do not attempt to pick up by "blade cap"
- Securely grip pad punch before lifting
- Place "Blade cap" securely over blade when not in use
- Wear safety goggles
- Never leave punch unattended
- Do Not place hands or any body part near punching area
- Do Not Use without proper training
- **WARNING: NOT AUTHORIZED FOR USE WITHOUT TRAINING. BY SELECTING "ADD TO CART" BUYER ACCEPTS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY RELATED TO USE OF THIS PRODUCT AND RELEASES SELLER AND MANUFACTURER FROM ANY LIABILITY.
Items not Included: (Note: Sky's the Limit Car Care accepts no liability for use of/or relating to the items listed)
- Necessary for use: 4 Pound (64oz) - preferably a Polyurethane cast steel shot dead blow hammer
- 10$ Sharpener or 60$ Sharpener - We recommend sharpening the blade as needed