CQUARTZ SiC 30ml
To celebrate the end of the decade and ten years of CQUARTZ, we are proud to introduce the next evolution. After intense research, development, and testing, CQUARTZ SiC is ready to continue where Tio2 left off! As the name would suggest, this new formula also includes SiC (Silicon Carbide) for additional resistance against chemicals! Not only that but CQUARTZ SiC greatly improves the ease of use, resistance to water (mineral) spots, and even amped up the gloss! Finally, the slickness will leave you thrilled with the finished product!
Buy yours today and experience the new CQUARTZ SiC!
- Acid and alkyl chemical resistance from 2 ~ 13 pH.
- Better water spots and minerals resistance.
- Highly smooth feeling.
- Deep gloss.
- Very easy application in any temperature.
- Sliding angle: 10 ̊.
- Water contact angle: 110 ̊.
- Heat tolerance: 392 ̊ F.
- Application temp. range: 50 ̊F ~100 ̊ F.
- Surface finish: High slickness.
- Gloss: Mirror Shine.
- Chemical resistance: 2 ~ 13 pH.
- Mineral resistance: High (easy to remove).
- Salt resistance: Medium.
To gain the most from CQUARTZ your vehicle should have all surfaces 100% clean and paint polished to a high level.
Use CARPRO Reflect to achieve an incredible high gloss finish in less time with no fillers.
Use CARPRO Eraser to remove any oils leftover after polishing - This is critical to ensure durability of CQUARTZ.
We recommend coating removal towels: CARPRO 2 Face (No Lint) 16" x 16" - Blue/ Orange 10 Pack, Microfiber Madness Slogger (16" x 16") or Edgeless White Polish Towel - 16" x 16".
We recommend extra suede applicators if applying more than 1 coat - CARPRO Suede MicroFiber Applicator 4"x4" 10 PACK.
Directions: Use only in good ambient lighting
- Warning! : Contents under pressure. Do not shake. Open slowly. Aim away from face and others and wear gloves when opening.
Wrap a 4" microfiber suede around the grey side of applicator block.
DO NOT SHAKE. Slowly open bottle and drag one line of product down the applicator.
Spread across paint in a criss cross pattern approximately 2 sq ft at a time depending on conditions.
Buff off about 5 minutes later once it looks less wet but is not yet difficult to wipe. (3~15 minutes depending on temperature and air movement) - see additional tips below) using a CARPRO No Lint Ultra Towel 16" x 16".
Be sure to remove all excess residue when wiping off.
Switch out the 4" Suedes every 2+/- panels.
Additional coats may be applied with 45-60 minutes or wait until the following day if you are beyond 90 minutes. CARPRO recommends 2 coats. You may apply additional coats if you wish.
Do NOT top with Reload during initial installation. Reload can damage SIC if used in the first few days. SiC is very slick on is own and in fact more slick then Reload.
- Keep surface dry for at least 3 hours after application (For best results keep dry for 24 hours).
- Gently wipe any water off the surface during the first 24 hours after application.
- Avoid detergents and chemicals for 5 days after application.
- Wash with CARPRO Reset regularly.
- Wash Mitt:
- Microfiber Madness Incredimitt (Recommended for daily drivers and most cars - This mitt is easiest to maintain and is extremely durable as well as washing out most easily)
- Merino Wool Wash Mitt (Recommended if car has extremely soft paint or car does not get extremely dirty) .
- Finding the right time to "level" (wipe off) excess coating after it flashes:
- Start with a single 2ft x 2ft test section to determine flash time before applying coating to entire vehicle. Flash time will vary depending on temperature, humidity, air movement, paint type, how thick it is applied, and more.
- If coating is applied thick then the coating will take longer to flash. If applied thin it will flash faster. Hot temps will cause it to flash faster, cold temps will cause it to flash slower. Air movement will cause it to flash faster.
- When it flashes you will see it change from a darker wetter look to a drier lighter look.
- All streaks should wipe off easily and the paint should be nice and clear.
- Lighting - Lighting is key to make sure you wipe off completely without leaving high spots. You don't want "direct light" like you would use on paint correction, but rather ambient light. Look at the paint from different angles to make sure none of the coating is missed. Spot light will "wash out" the high spots visually. Think of it like this: when you wipe off a sealant you have hours to go and check it again outside or in other lighting. In this case you need to pay attention as you go rather than wait an hour. Thorough removal of residue and streaks is necessary to avoid the need to polish off high spots later.
- Wait between 2 ~ 15 minutes depending on temperature, humidity, and air movement, and find the right window to wipe when you’re doing your test panel. Generally in medium temperatures 7 ~ 10 minutes is the right window.
- High spots - A high spot is excess coating that was not leveled (wiped off). Most of the time it will look like a darker or rainbow colored mark. If you discover them within minutes then a bit more product will easily lift them. If found days later then you would use a dot of finishing polish such as CARPRO Essence or CARPRO Reflect and rub the high spot off, wipe it down with CARPRO Eraser or your IPA of choice, and then re-coat that area and onto the area around it by about 6". Then start wiping off the perimeter immediately and slowly work inwards to feather it until you reach the area you are trying to re-coat at the appropriate time. This is the method used to avoid polishing the entire panel and re-coating.
- Do not apply in direct sun or on hot surface.
- Do not re-use 4" suede applicators.
- Do not re-use the towels you used to buff off with on paint.
- Wear hand protection.
- Wear respiratory protection such as a painters mask.